Southern Jersey Family Medical Centers, Inc. is looking for a talented Charge Nurse to step into our culturally diverse and fast-paced facility!
Summary: The basic function of the Charge Nurse is to provide and facilitate all patient care activities and to ensure they are administered in accordance with licensure standards, policy and procedure guidelines and organizational policy. The Charge Nurse may be a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
Hours: This is a full-time position that requires the ability to work a flexible schedule. General daytime hours Monday – Friday with rotating Saturdays and at least one evening per week.
- Ensure that all patients receive quality care and service in a safe manner at all times
- Maintain all records according to State Department of Health guidelines
- Ensure that staff and self documents all patient issues, vitals and chief complaint of patient
- Ensure the automated tracking system is being performed efficiently and accurately according to policies and procedures
- Ensure that the patients&rsquo: charts are being reviewed prior to visit to ensure lab or diagnostic reports are present
- Ensure that the clinical staff and self identifies patient and procedures needed before initiating treatment
- Perform troubleshooting and safe operation of all medical office equipment
- Assist and/or designate the appropriate clinical staff to assist the Provider with treatments, exams, tests, etc.
- Ensure that all in-office testing such as EKG, blood glucose testing, hemoglobin testing, and urine pregnancy testing are being initiated in a timely manner
- Responsible for ensuring that patient health education and prescriptions are given prior to discharge
- Responsible for maintaining adequate supplies and medications, including syringe count, for designated site
- Provide necessary patient instructions and demonstrations when necessary
- Address patients&rsquo: requests, ie: refills, notes, etc. in a timely manner in person or via telephone according to SJFMC policy, practice and protocol
- Perform scheduling of hours and time-off of clinical staff
- Conduct performance evaluations and performance plans for clinical staff with the assistance of the Director of Nursing