Southern Jersey Family Medical Centers, Inc. is looking for a talented Certified or Registered Medical Assistant to step into our culturally diverse and fast-paced facility!
Summary: The Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting providers with preliminary patient care in a culturally sensitive manner. Ideal candidate should have prior experience working as a Medical Assistant in a high-volume setting.
Hours: This is a part time position that requires the ability to work a flexible schedule. General daytime hours Monday – Friday and at least one late night per week.
- Greet and room patients, conduct initial patient interview
- Record patient vital signs and initial patient complaint(s)
- Prepares patient for various exams
- Select and prepare proper instruments for procedure(s)
- Collect specimens, glucose testing, phlebotomy
- Assists physicians with exams and treatments
- Performs antiseptic duties of sanitation, disinfections and sterilization procedures
- Maintain supplies in each exam room
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the DON, RN, LPN