The Health Information Coordinator/Trainer reports directly to the
Director of Training & Organizational Development as a member of
the Training and Organizational Development team and is responsible
for designing and facilitating training and development programs that
align with the strategic direction of the organization.
The Health Information Coordinator/Trainer is responsible for
ensuring the successful execution of organizational development in the
areas of: Health Information Technology, Meaningful Use and Patient
Centered Medical Home; employee curriculum & training; and staff development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies staff development needs within the organization on the
basis of requests, ongoing needs assessments, and other indicators
such as employee opinion or system upgrades. Determines and
communicates appropriate intervention based on results of needs assessment.
- Delivers role and skill-based training to a wide range of
audiences, up to and including senior executives, as well as small
and large groups.
- Develops and maintains training materials, reference guides, and
eLearning materials available through a variety of sources. Keeps
contents up-to-date in a timely manner to ensure employees have the
most current information.
- Participates in the delivery and content of organization-wide EMR
training program including, but not limited to, program design,
development, and maintenance of training materials in compliance
with Meaningful Use, Patient Centered Medical Home and ongoing
quality improvement initiatives.
- Manages pre-and post-learning activities, communications and materials.
- Provides support to end-users and addresses questions or problems
- Measures and reports on training analytics such as attendance,
course completion, assessment scores and learning impact, among
- Continuously updates programs based on feedback.
- Consults with leaders on system issues impacting individual,
departmental, and organizations performance. With support from
others, designs and delivers customized system development
interventions to address issues.
- Consults with business partners, delivers individual and team
coaching for staff.
- Exercises independent judgment to address specific issues that
require risk assessment in line with organizational system
objectives, goals, or policies.
- Works with various teams in the organization to identify,
investigate and resolve system concerns and issues.
- Maintains training systems as appropriate.
- Assists with various special projects and other duties as requested.
- Facilitates best-in-class training programs to enhance