Nurse Practitioner - NP
Southern Jersey Family Medical Centers, Inc. is looking for a
talented Psychiatric- Nurse Practitioner with the highest level of
professionalism to step into our fast-paced facility!
Summary: The Nurse Practitioner provides the patient
with cost effective care in a competent manner, to diagnose and treat
behavioral health illnesses and disorders consistent with medical
protocols established with the collaborating physician.
Hours: We offer flexible schedules with both part
time and full time opportunities. General daytime hours Monday –
Friday with rotating Saturdays and at least one late night per week.
- Perform physical assessment by interviewing, recording and
interpreting medical and social history of the patient
Responsible for providing outpatient care to patients showing
a change or decline in mental status, chronic or urgent medical conditions
- Develop an accurate identification of patient’s health problems
based upon correct interpretation of findings, record findings, lab
and/or diagnostic results and existing medical records
- Develop, implement and coordinate all aspects of a comprehensive
health care plans for patients.
- Manage the plan of care by monitoring the client’s response to the
therapeutic regimen, recording patient’s progress, and counseling if needed
- Order lab tests or diagnostic procedures; initiate referrals to
other health care providers and/or consulting physicians as needed
- Coordinate all aspects of patient care, discharge and follow-up plans
- Facilitate interaction and cooperation among health care staff
involved in the planning and provision of health care
- Prescribe medication according to State, Federal, and organization guidelines
- Maintain current technical knowledge and seek educational and
professional opportunities to enhance clinical practice and competency
- Review patient’s records, along with physician, to ensure a
complete assessment of needs