Migrant Outreach Driver (Seasonal)
Southern Jersey Family Medical Centers, Inc. is looking for a
professional and dependable bi-lingual driver that is fluent in
English & Spanish and/or Creole to step into our culturally
diverse and fast-paced facility!
Summary: The Seasonal driver provides transportation
to and from health center appointments to enable patients to obtain
medical care. The Driver will also perform other duties such as
interpretation, cleaning, loading, transporting materials between
centers, purchasing materials, and taking appointments to migrant camps.
Hours: This is a seasonal position that requires the
ability to work a flexible schedule. General hours could be between
9:00 am and 5:30 pm with occasional night-time hours and 2:00
pm -10:30 pm during the Migrant season. Saturday coverage is on an
at-need basis to assist with Community Outreach events.
- Follow procedures as outlined in the SJFMC Transport Policy Manual.
- Obtain daily transportation list from Front desk staff and/or
Migrant outreach office.
- Call patients to confirm appointment and pick up time: verify
address and directions of new transportation patients.
- Transport patients to and from the health centers.
- Maintain mileage and maintenance logs for vehicles and other
- Take vehicles in for maintenance according to maintenance log.
- Ensure that SJFMC vehicles and cellular phones are well maintained
(clean, in good condition mechanically) and vehicles are well fueled
at all times.
- Take daily deposits to the bank
- Transport mail to the post office daily or to UPS as needed.
- Purchase and transport materials upon request by supervisor or administration.
- Provide transportation for migrant farm worker patients for
follow-up at health departments, hospitals, pharmacy and other
related health care offices
- Assist farm workers in filling out paperwork and interpretation at
SJFMC and other health related appointments.
- Clean and maintain patient wait areas as needed
- Effectively prioritizes work activities and manages time appropriately.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager